On Monday, the NFL Players Association released its player sales figures for June 1 through Aug. 31. Based on this actual data, Wilson has Sherman beat.
Wilson reclaimed the sales throne temporarily wrested away by Johnny Manziel, who set the jersey game on fire before becoming entrenched as a clipboard man in Ohio. Wilson was the top seller in both Nike game jerseys and Nike T-shirts. Translation in newspaper headline terms: Super Bowl-Winning Pro Quarterback In Pacific Northwest Is Beloved.
The top 10 list:
1. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
2. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
3. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
4. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
5. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
6. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
7. Johnny Manziel, Cleveland Browns
8. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
9. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
10. J.J. Watt, Houston Texans